Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Against The Wind



We finally got off the interstate today in Logan, UT and took the scenic 89 highway to Jackson, Wyoming. This is a beautiful drive, so much so that I remember it very clearly from traveling this road 20 years ago. Bear Lake is in Idaho/Wyoming. It was a chilly 55 degrees there today, but we picnicked anyway. This area is known for its famous raspberry milk shakes and even though it was cold we HAD to have one. Yummy! Robin B. I thought of you with every bite. The picture of the bird was funny because he was flying against the wind current and couldn't get anywhere. His little wings flapped and flapped and he never moved an inch. We watched him for a long time cheering him on. I feel like that sometimes myself, don't you? I hope he made it.

We stayed right across the parking lot tonight from a movie theatre. We thought it only fitting we should see the Indiana Jones movie since he lives here in Jackson. It was very good!

No comments: