Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Unemployment is Up

It has been over a week since I posted anything personal and I am getting harassed by friends to update. What I find funny about this is my friends know what is going on in my world yet they still want to hear all the random thoughts I have skittering around in my mind. My everyday life is so routine I find it amusing anyone cares. My excuse for my slothfulness is I've been working extra hours at the library since returning from vacation because several of my co-workers are now on vacation. I am filling in for them just as they did for me. This has made me extra busy along with the fourteen loads of laundry I have washed, dried and ironed the past two weeks.

I do have a few tidbits to share from the public library world. First, a guy comes into the library to apply for a job application on-line. He knows nothing about using a computer so I end up filling out the application for him. He then proceeds to belch in my face. I am fairly sure he will not get a job. Second, a young man comes into the library to take an on-line test to get his boaters license and wants to pay me under the counter to let him cheat. He fails the test the seven times he takes it and then sneaks and uses his cell phone to text a buddy for the answers. I throw him out. I am fairly sure he will not hold a job in his lifetime. Thirdly, all teenagers are now reading vampire books. I can't sleep at night knowing the teenagers in this town are into vampires. This fact compels me to consume large quantities of garlic, which makes me stink and gives me indigestion and causes MDH and Oscar to sleep with their noses covered, which causes them to snore and keeps me awake and so on. It is a vicious cycle. I am also fairly certain knowing everything about vampires will not be a job requirement and these kids will never enter the work force. Unemployment is up - not because jobs are lacking but because ignorance is abundant! That is my political soapbox stand for the evening.

MDH used the word “exponential” this week in a conversation! In the 20 plus years we have been married I’ve never heard him use this word. It surprised me so much I asked him if he actually knew what the word meant. He made Little I go look it up to prove he knew what it meant and that he had used it correctly in a sentence. I was so impressed, plus it kind of turned me on. Whisper “exponential” in my ear the next time around would you hon!

I have a leaky, drippy shower. It is driving me crazy. All I hear is drip, drip, drip. All I think about is the water being wasted. Waste, waste, waste. Drip, drip, drip. What is ironic about this is MDH is a maintenance mechanic and Big C is working for the water department this summer. Need I say more on this topic?

I have Part II of our vacation slide show ready and I will post it tomorrow evening sometime.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: