Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Honey, Money, Gimmie!

I went to see the movie 'Mamma Mia' recently. Who knew Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan could sing? Well, sort of. Having never seen the stage version of 'Mamma Mia' I cannot compare the two, but I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Of course, I am old enough to be familiar with ABBA and have some of their music on my iPod, but I was not familiar with the storyline intertwined with the music and was pleasantly surprised. The Mediterranean scenery was gorgeous and the bright colors in this flick astounded me. I enjoyed it so much I danced is the aisle. Not really! I am just kidding. Really! This is certainly a chick flick so take some girl friends along with you and don't be afraid to sing along loudly. Meryl Streep is looking good to be almost sixty. What an inspiration to me...umm...you older ladies. Man how I wish I had her cheekbones! Colin Firth was also in the movie and he will always be Mr. Darcy to me. If you do not know whom Mr. Darcy is then shame, shame, shame, on you! Go read this book and then watch this movie. Now. Right Now. I am driving my family crazy singing ABBA songs and planning my Greek Island vacation. I just had to share my madness with friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dana,
I know who Mr. Darcy is! I love that movie! Donald bought it for me for our anniversary a couple of years ago! I love your blog!
Joanna

Reading Rosie said...

Hey Girl! I'm so glad you stopped by to read all this craziness! Yes, there is only ONE Mr. Darcy isn't there? Thanks for reading and I really appreciate the comments because it encourages me to keep on blogging. Comment anytime about anything! XOXOXOX