Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Day #10 - Warts And All

My topic today is somewhat gross but in case this happens to you, you need to know this information. Three years ago my oldest son got warts on the cuticle area of his fingernails. We could not get rid of them. We made several visits to the dermatologist to no avail. The doctors froze the warts, they poisoned the warts, they caused an allergic reaction to the warts and the warts simply would not go away. In fact, the warts spread until his fingers were covered in warts. It was ugly and embarrassing. I began asking folks for home remedies that might help the problem and someone told us to use clear nail polish. Simply coat the warts everyday with clear nail polish. This puts an airtight seal on them and they cannot breath. Apparently, the wart virus needs oxygen to regenerate and when oxygen is cut off, the virus dies. Within a few days, we could visibly see some shrinkage and within a month, the warts were nearly gone. Amazing! Recently I notice my Dad had a few warts on his elbow and I told him about this miracle cure. My Mom started coating his elbow with clear nail polish every night and sure enough, with in a few weeks they disappeared. Before you take your warts to the dermatologist, spend a small fortune and endure modern-day torture tactics, coat them with clear nail polish. It worked for us! For more helpful “Works For Me Wednesday” ideas, visit Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer.

Thanks for reading, Rosie!

2 comments:

John and Lisa said...

Oh! My daughter has this problem, we'll have to give it a try.

Casey said...

I'm going to give that a try with my daughter, they won't do anything for her because they say she's too young right now. thanks for the tip!