Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Halls Are Decked!

What a busy weekend I have had. My Saturday was spent decking the halls without boughs of holly, as I have none; but the lovely two-inch snowfall we received while decorating Saturday did make the occasion more festive and Christmasy.

My Sunday afternoon was spent sewing. I usually nap, but I am making an amplifier cover as a Christmas gift for my Much Older Brother. Not only am I making a complicated three-dimensional cover with piping trim (that would have been way to easy and much less time consuming), I am hand embroidering a decal onto the front! I have been covered in metallic gold thread all afternoon. I love it and am totally in my element with a needle and thread in my hand.

I realize I have not posted anything lately about recently read books. That is because I have not recently read anything. Actually, I did finish The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs. It was a charmingly good read (made me want to learn to knit) and all about women friendships. Women need women friendships. MDH is my very best friend ever, but sometimes I need to complain to another woman about PMS. Men just do not understand this subject.

Then there is The Death of the Grown-Up: How America's Arrested Development Is Bringing Down Western Civilization by Diana West. Doesn't that sound all warm and fuzzy? I told you I wasn't all fluff. The topic is weighty, but if you want to understand why today's culture is what it is, you might find the answer in this book. It is probably not what you think. Verrrrrry interesting (said with a German accent).

If you have not entered my apron giveaway contest, you still have a couple more days. I will close entries Tuesday evening, December 9, at 8:00 p.m. EST. The winner will be announced Wednesday morning, December 10. Thanks to all who have entered so far and for all the sweet comments. You make me blush.

My dad got through another round of chemo treatments last week without any problems. He continues to be abundantly blessed and without some of the really nasty side effects chemo can cause. Of course he feels weak and tired, but otherwise, he is doing great. Thank you everyone for your continued prayers for him and my mother. I know it because of your prayers, they are doing so well. We feel the prayers everyday and are thankful for your covering him daily with blessings so numerous. Please continue to remember them.

Thanks for reading, Rosie.

PS: Someone mentioned today that my site was hard to read with the black on red coloring. Therefore, I am making the font coloring lighter. Please let me know if this is better or worse.

4 comments:

Paige said...

It's very easy to read...I thought something was different, but couldn't figure out what it was until you said that at the end. : )

Reading Rosie said...

Thanks Paige. Your feedback is soooo helpful. Have a great evening.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Yes, I love the new white print on your blog!!!! HOORAY! It was so hard for me to read and had commented to Rachel that I could hardly read it. She said, oh I have no troulbe with it...well, DUH!!! I thought...try being 53!!!!! Oh, to be young again! ha! Anyway, thanks for changing it, even though I hadn't protested and thanks for the update on your Dad. So glad he is doing well...yes, prayer is the key! God bless! Hugs, "K"
Oh, and thanks for the apron in advance...I'm quite SURE I'm gonna win it(childlike faith!!!! ;-)

Reading Rosie said...

Thanks K! Please don't hesitate to let me know if you can't see it well. Computer screens vary so much that what may look good to me on my computer, might not be clear to others. Blessings.