Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Vintage Thingie Thursday -Tins

I am participating in Vintage Thingie Thursday through the Colorado Lady. You will want to visit her site to see more vintage thingies. Please tell her Rosie says hello!

I like Berat and Daher Ware. I don't really collect, but if a piece catches my eye and it is reasonably priced (under $5.00), I might make the purchase. I ran across three pieces recently in the local antique store.

This is a Daher piece Made in England from 1971. My kitchen is red and white so this piece caught my eye. The crest on the back is still in perfect condition, but I couldn't capture a good photo.



I adore the autumn colors in this piece of Berat Ware. It is adeptly named Autumn Leaves and matches our family room colors.




This piece is neither Baret or Daher, but is very similar and says Made in England for the Pennsylvania Dutch Company, Mt. Holly Springs, PA. I could tell by the design it was Pennsylvania Dutch before I even picked it up.


Here is another piece of Berat Ware made in England. This particular piece sat on a bookshelf in my aunt's house for years and it always caught my eye whenever we visited her home in Virginia. When she died, this is one of the many things I received. I use this as my button box. The lid still fits securely and the crest on the bottom is lovely.



All four pieces together. Notice the lids. I love the lids.


And this is Oscar the pest who felt the need to get in on the photo shoot. He is not vintage, but we sure do love him.

Thanks for reading, Rosie.

13 comments:

Coloradolady said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Oscar is just a doll. I had to laugh, because you can not imagine how many photos I have to retake for noses in the picture!!

What a wonderful collection of vintage items you have shown today. I love the colors, especially the autumn piece. Very nice.

Welcome to Vintage Thingies Thursday!! I am glad you are here to join us and showcase your wonderful treasures!!

Unknown said...

Cute dog. I'm assuming these are tins? I've never heard of brands of this stuff before but I really like them.

Reading Rosie said...

Yes, they are tins and I should have made that more clear.

I still have my Mrs. Beasley doll and Kerri with the growing hair.

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Tins are my favorite thing to collect, and yours are beauties! The lids are so interesting. Oscar looks like a sweetie too. Welcome to VTT, it's great fun, and a nice way to communicate each week with the gals who join in. Take care!

Anonymous said...

I'm a mad tin collector and i would simply love to add the autumn toned tin and the last one to my collection...gorgoeus things!!

Anonymous said...

Your tins are just wonderful..I love the colors. Happy VTT..have a lovely day and give that cute puppy a hug for me. :)

SmilingSally said...

I enjoyed seeing your colorful tin collection. Oscar looks like a dachshund. Is he? Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Oscar stole the show, he is adorable. You should promote him to be your vintage model. I had no idea those were tins--they are stunning.

Unknown said...

Welcome to VTT! I love your tin ware, although I haven't heard of the manufacturer before. I think my aunt had a similar PA Dutch canister; I remember playing with the lid!

SueLovesCherries said...

Beautiful plate, Rosie! I, too, have a red and white kitchen! Is there any other?

Anonymous said...

I love the button tin particularly. Oh. And Oscar. Nice Oscar.
The tins are beautiful; I collect tins also!

Anonymous said...

These pieces are beautiful. I have not seen this sort of thing before. And, Oscar, well, what a perfect picture of him saying he loves you and needs petting instead of a photo shoot! ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

Paige said...

I have a tin similar to the autumn one...we keep fingernail clippers in it. lol

TOO cute picture of Oscar!