Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday - Kitchen Gadgets

First let me say thanks to all who left a message on last week's post regarding my Barbie Dolls - you gals are too funny! I really don't know why I thought about my 4th Grade teacher and the mummy story and I am sorry I disappointed so many of you who thought that I had mummified my Barbies! That just cracked me up! I did however pierce their ears with straight pins and put Skipper's head on Barbie's body occasionally if that helps.

I love visiting every one's Vintage Thingies Thursday Post. You ladies have some beautiful keepsakes.

Here are a few old kitchen gadgets that have found their way to me over the years.


Can you tell I am really into red?


My grandmother's biscuit cutters and a doggie cookie cutter.

A few of my childhood kitchen toys. The little beater was my favorite.
You can see it is child size in my hand.

I love the old red-handled kitchen gadgets and most of these are from either
my grandmother, my aunt, or MDH's grandmother.

I occasionally still use my grandmother's rolling pin.


My grandmother crocheted these "dress" pot holders and the little iron skillet is child size. These are very special to me in that I never knew my grandmother. She died about two years before I was born but I inherited her love of kitchen things.

Thanks for visiting with me. For more Vintage Thingies Thursday visit The Colorado Lady. You will find a variety of vintage thingies there. It is like browsing through an antique store, only in your pajamas with a hot cup of coffee.


Oscar says, "Hello all you happy people, I'm Droopy.
Thanks for reading, Rosie."

19 comments:

JEWELGIRL said...

Love all of your red kitchen gadgets!
They are all so familiar from my
Moms kitchen. Esp. the rolling pin,
cookie cutters,and cooking utensils!
I did the same with my Barbies with
the pin, the heads and also gave them haircuts, oops! :)

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Rosie, you have such a great collection of old kitchen items. I know you cherish the ones from your Granny,

^..^Corgidogmama said...

A wonderful collection!
I had those same toys as a child, but mine are long gone.
Really...you're very lucky to have so many, and in such wonderful condition!

Ulla said...

It is great to have such treasures from the family! I would have loved that little beater; my mother let me play (in the kitchen) with her similar beater.

Anonymous said...

Rosie, i love all your kitchen gadgets..as you probably know i collect similar stuff lol...and those crochet potholders are priceless!!

Unknown said...

I had those toys, and the beater was my favorite, too. Besides being good for baking, it can be useful to create waves in Barbie's pool!

SmilingSally said...

I remember those toys; I think my daughter had a set. Is Oscar a dachshund? I love doxies! Thanks for sharing. Happy VTT Day.

Bea said...

What a lovely collection!

Susan said...

Great collection, Rosie. Red is a great color and the little scottie dog is so cute. Oscar might just want you to make him some doggie cookie with it.

Miri said...

What a beautiful red handled kitchen collection! I especially like the biscuit cutters-they look very familiar-I used to "help" my grandmother cook and bake :)

gin said...

Oh i remember those play kitchen gadgets. I had some when I was little.

Coloradolady said...

Oh, I love all your vintage kitchen gadgets. I love, love, LOVE that doggie cookie cutter. How cute is that? I have a friend who collects red kitchen things, and believe me, she would be drooling over all your gadgets. Love the puppy! So sweet, my two are under the covers trying to stay warm.

Anonymous said...

Well, I have been feeling a bit droopy like Oscar. Hang in there buddy! I love the crocheted hot pads and the teeny tiny kitchen tools. I snagged a picture of your Valentine apron to include in my post. Hopefully, it will bring you a buyer! ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

SueLovesCherries said...

I'm right there with you, girl, at "Redaholics Anonymous"! What would life be without red - you have a great assortment, especially your child-sized ones!
(You said your grandmother "croqueted" the potholders - I think you meant "crocheted"!)

Unknown said...

I'm so relieved to hear of your 'gruesomeness' in switching Barbie and Skipper's head--teehee! I too love just about anything red and your little baking utensils are wonderful.

Jan Ely said...

Oh my goodness those are so cute!

Beca said...

I too love red handled kitchen utensils. Yours are great!

Paige said...

I LOVE that doggie cookie cutter! I have one similar, but it just has a raised up piece for the handle, not a cute one like yours. : )

Oscar looks SO pitiful! Perhaps he's tired of winter?

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

You have a wonderful collection of vintage kitchen utensils! You childrens items are especially sought after and collected.
Enjoyed all!
PS--your pup is the cutest!
Have a wonderful weekend and Blessings to You!
Claudia O.