Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tom's Toasted Peanuts Store Jar

I've been away far too long from Vintage Thingie Thursday and after viewing the treasure that Colorado Lady found recently, I felt inspired to join, once again, in the ranks with my fellow vintage thingie lovers.

Ta-Da!  One of my favorite pieces.  This Tom's Toasted Peanuts Store Jar was given to me by my aunt a few years ago and is in mint condition.  She knew that I would cherish, protect, and give the stink-eye to anyone who dared touch this beauty.  It sets high atop my Hoosier cabinet (for photo purposes I had to move it) among the dust and cobwebs smiling at me as Mrs. Paul's fish-sticks bake I bake everything from scratch in my kitchen :)


And stored inside, also among my favorite vintage thingies, are aluminum jello molds.  Who remembers aluminum jello molds?   Speak up!  They come in all shapes, designs and sizes and if you have keen eyes, you'll spot them in just about any thrift store.  Little happy treasures.


Now get on over to Vintage Thingies Thursday at Colorado Lady where you will be as jealous as I when you see what she found.  She's a great hostess.  Be sure to thank her.

Thanks for reading, Rosie.

17 comments:

Charlotte said...

I remember Tom's peanuts and the Jell-o molds. That's about all I can remember these days:)

Coloradolady said...

Rosie....I want one of these so bad!! What a beauty. I looked all over the flea market this past weekend for one of these, I found several and they wanted several dollars more than I wanted to pay!! One day...I will find one within my budget! How great to have one of these that belonged to someone in your family!! Have a great VTT!! So glad you joined in today!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

love the jelly moulds! reminds me of my grandmother making jelly in it.. too bad, those moulds didnt survive over the years.. but yours are just lovely! perfect!.. thanks for sharing.. happy VTT

Ruby said...

I may get a post done tonight???? But anyway, I am visiting some great blogs.

Not only do I envy Suzanne's find but your jar as well! And the jello molds are neat. I've probably seen some and didn't know what they were, thinking small cakes not jello. LOL

Unknown said...

What a great way to display two super treasures! I don't remember Jello molds, but I know I should!

Postcardy said...

That's a great jar and collection of jello molds. I haven't spotted any of those molds, but I'll keep my eyes open for some.

LV said...

You shared some very interesting vintage items today. I have seen and used both of them in years gone by. Thanks for a nice memory.

Paulette said...

Great way to display the aluminum molds in the cool jar! I've seen some of those molds but thought they were mini cake pans. Oops! Learned something new.

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Rosie,

Nice to meet you! I'm so glad you decided to join in, and share this great jar! I love how to display the jello molds in there. It must look great on your cabinet.

Debbie

Jocelyn said...

Wow Love your jar, and the contents too :-) Great way to display the molds.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Ann said...

Thjat jar is so special. Love the red lid. The contents are just as nice. I'll bet your homemade goods are fantastic. Happy VT.
Ann

sweetjeanette said...

How cool is that!!! I keep my cookie cutters in two big glass cookie jars. Thanks so much for visiting my blog on my SITS day yesterday and leaving your sweet comment! I loved having ya over!

jeanette
(sweetjeanette.com)

Vintage Whimsy said...

What a great jar! And those Jello molds are pretty cool too!

Tara Beaulieu said...

What a great collection of jello molds, I've been spying quite a few copper ones lately at my local thrift shops. I actually really like the "JELL-O" one the best I think!

thasnifty said...

oh those are great. I don't remember Tom's peanuts or aluminum jello molds, but now I shall look for both in my thrifting. Fabulous eye candy!

thanks for sharing!

-brightest blessings-
karina

thasnifty.blogspot.com

CC said...

Loved your post. I also love those old jars and jello molds. I have two of the jars put away and somehow one of the lids got broken..(mine have glass lids)..my jello molds are not as fancy and pretty as yours..they're just the common fluted ones,but I love them. Happy VTT..have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Just curious: What does it say on the bottom of the jar?