Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Doorways and Iron Gates of Charleston

“When you follow your bliss... doors will open where you would not have thought there would be doors; and where there wouldn't be a door for anyone else.”   Joseph Campbell



"Happiness often sneaks in through a door
you didn't know you left open." John Barrymore



“Everyone is an explorer.
How could you possibly live your life
looking at a door and not open it?”



“Kind words will unlock an iron door.”


“Money, you have lots of friends
hanging round the door.
When it's gone and the spending ends
They don't come no more.”  Billie Holiday


"A door is what a dog is perpetually
on the wrong side of." Ogden Nash



“Ten men waiting for me at the door?
Send one of them home, I'm tired.”  Mae West



I climbed up the door, and opened the stairs;
I said my pajamas and put on my pray'rs,
I turned off the bed and crawled into the light
And all because you kissed me goodnight.



"When God closes a door,
somewhere He opens a window."



My door is always open!  Love, Rosie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doors...such beauty meant for only one thing...To keep others out.

Mimi said...

I have tons of pictures of doors, especially from Savannah!

I'm stopping by to welcome you to SITS!

Parapeti said...

Nice photos, the dog is awesome :)