Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Clean Underwear Syndrome

I am experiencing the Clean Underwear Syndrome. Have you heard of this disease? It's where you are compelled to have your house clean from top to bottom before you leave for vacation. The bathrooms must sparkle, there should be no dust, always change sheets, mop the kitchen floor, don't forget to vacuum, all dishes must shine in their cabinets, etc. It's a good thing we go on vacation once a year since that is about the only time I care if everything is clean. Apparently I don't care about living in filth the other 50 weeks a year, but boy if I die while I am on vacation, I want my house clean! Why do I call this the clean underwear syndrome? Didn't your mother ever tell you to be sure and have clean underwear on before you leave the house in case you are in an accident? You may be covered in blood but by golly you'll have clean underwear! After hearing that enough, it eventually applies to all areas in your life. Does this just apply to people in the south or do all areas of the country experience this syndrome? Just wondering!

No comments: