Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Hunka Hunka Memphis

We arrived safely in Memphis. Can you guess where we will be visiting in morning? The employees at the motel where we are staying have been extremely nice. They gave us our room half price from the rate I reserved it! The hotel also offers Pink Cadillac Limo service to a local Memphis BBQ restaurant for free (excluding tip) so we took them up on this offer. The BBQ was fantastic BTW and if any one talks to Bro. Gary over the weekend, tell him we did eat West TN BBQ and it was delicious. We thought of him with every bite. LittleI was thrilled with the guitar shaped swimming pool and is enjoying the water as I type. We also have 24 hour Elvis movies which MDH was thrilled about. I don't know why since Elvis was a terrible actor, but his movies are very iconic. My boys love his music. Me? Well, I think it's all very tacky in a charming sort of way, but I do have to admit that Elvis was a Hunka, Hunka in his younger days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a great start to your adventure. And you can't beat getting your hotel for half price! I'm sure Memphis will never be the same now that the Parker clan has made their mark on the land. Stay safe and have fun!

Love you all,
Linda, David, Jessica, and Allison...Rascal too!