Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Last Day Of School

Today is the last day of school for my kids. BigC was off this morning dreading all his final exams. He had several today including Spanish. He has really struggled with this subject. While he is looking forward to graduating, he is sad to leave his friends. BigC goes to a small school. There are only 16 in his graduating class and they have been together since 1st grade. They are like family and love one another, so this will be hard for them. I think some tears have already been shed together. I hope I can get through the graduation ceremony without making a blubbering mess of myself.
LittleI is finishing up 5th grade today with a math exam. For those of you who don't know LittleI, well, he is not so little. He is as tall as BigC who is 18, but LittleI is only 11. I have home schooled this young guy for three years and he has really blossomed during this time. We plan to home school one more year and we've already been talking about our subjects for the fall. He loves to learn and wants to learn it all now and he may even post some of these blogs as he watched me set this whole thing up and now wants to do it himself. I'm sure that most of the pictures I post from our trip will be taken by him. He is very excited to say the least.
I have tons of laundry to do today and I am scheduled to get a pedicure this evening. That was a gift from MDH for my birthday last October, but I am just now getting around to using it. Yes, I had dry, cracked, scaly feet all winter but I want my feet to be shiny and clean before I go across country. I don't know why, I just do.

1 comment:

dar said...

Hey Parkers!

Am I the first person to leave a comment? I sure hope so!

I'm so excited about your vacation. I will be praying that all will go well and you'll have the trip of a lifetime!

Are you traveling in an RV? do you have AAA? (It sure came in handy when we broke down in AK on the way out here.)

Poor Oscar. He won't know what to do without his "pack" for almost two weeks. He sure will be glad to see you when you get back, though.

Dar