Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"I Will Not Argue with the GPS"

"I will not argue with the GPS. I will not argue with the GPS."
This has become my mantra for the next two weeks. My sweet in-laws bought MDH one of these torture devices (sorry Pop) for Christmas last year. While MDH was thrilled with the gift, I find the voice of the evil thing very annoying. We had borrowed a GPS for a trip to Florida last spring and I found myself arguing with the high tech defect through four states. I have been politely asked to "please keep my directional opinions to myself" for this trip even though I have maps and everything! It seems that when I scream "DON'T TURN THERE!" and my husband listens to me, the GPS gets annoyed and has to recalculate. I don't appreciate that mechanical nightmare telling my chauffeur where to turn. THAT WAS MY JOB! Not anymore it seems because I have been told to repeat 5,000 times....."I will not argue with the GPS. I will not argue with the GPS, I will not argue with the GPS....."

No comments: