Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008

Rambling On






We left Vegas early this morning and traveled to SLC today. The red rock rock formations are behind us and we are surrounded by snow-capped mountains. It has been chilly today but still sunny. I'm typing this after everyone has gone to bed. Rumor has it I snore horribly and if they don't get to sleep before me...well, they don't sleep. I think they are just a whiny crew and there is no proof that I snore! I am really looking forward to the next leg of the trip as we will be seeing the Grand Teton Mountains and Yellowstone Park. I've posted a few shots. The first one is of the boys at this weird little place on Route 66 near Kingman, AZ. When I get to drive I randomly stop at stupid places like this and take pics. MDH grows weary of my random stopping at weird little places so he eventually takes the wheel back. The other shots are at Hoover Dam. It is hard to get pictures of these enormous places. It is like trying to take a photo of the universe. Little photos just don't do a site justice. The dam is huge, the mountains are huge, the lake is huge, the rocks are huge....It's all HUGE! I took a picture of a truck setting down deep in the dam and it looked like a match box car. You can see in one picture where Lake Mead's water level has dropped. It looks like a bathtub ring. Also, you can see where the State of Nevada is building the new 93 dam bypass road. When it is finished, you'll be able to drive very high over the dam. It is daunting now to look down so I can't image how it will feel to be even higher up looking down. I'll post some Vegas pictures tomorrow. I haven't downloaded them from my camera yet. We miss everyone and love you all.

1 comment:

Jarrad said...

hey girl!! sounds like your're having a great time...it's fun to read your comments... thanks for leaving me out about the library guru and our political/religion discussion. I guess you were right, they are releasing all the children back to their families!:)Have a great time, I'll b thinking of you tommorrow, while I'm WORKING!! Love, ronda