Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

We've come a long way baby!

Oh my what a day we've had! We left early from Albuquerque, NM and headed straight for the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest National Park. We have had beautiful weather with cobolt blue skies all day. From one point in the park we could see three tiny white spots that looked like clouds but upon further investigation it was the San Francisco mountain range in Flagstaff, AZ .... that is 120 miles away people! Then as we traveled onto Flagstaff and actually traveled around the mountain! It was breath-taking. We went from total desolation which was beautiful in its own way, back into snow capped mountains. We are now at the Grand Canyon. I am standing in the hotel lobby writing this, so it will be short. Wireless wasn't available in my room, but hotspots are in the lobby. I'm standing behind the empty bellboys desk and I've had several people already approach me asking for directions. If I know the answer I point them in the right directions, otherwise, I just smile and say I don't work here. I know I am crazy, but that is what makes life interesting and you can meet so many great people this way. I'm attaching a few pics from the day and when I get to civilization again, I'll do more. Blessings for the evening.

My photos won't download tonight. I guess the signal is not strong enough. I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments: