Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Update on Dad

My dad made it through last weeks chemo treatments extremely well and I know it is due to all the prayers going up for him. He was not sick at all, just very weak and tired and the tired mostly came from sitting at the oncologist office four hours every day. He received his shot on Saturday morning and I spent most of the day with him while my mother attended a women's gathering at our church. Dad did not like the idea that I was "baby sitting" him, and really I was not; but in case he did get sick and needed help, I was with him. I dusted for Mom, which is a daunting task with all of her "pretties" displayed, dried and folded some clothes, baked and iced a cake, and made funny conversation with my dad. I do not think I have mentioned that my dad is nearly deaf and making conversation with him is a real experience. If he is not wearing his hearing aids, he can not hear at all and sometimes, even then, I wonder if they really help. Making conversation with him is exhausting because you have to yell and repeat everything. It is funny and sad at the same time. Add to the mix a television turned up so loud the neighbors can hear and it becomes a brain rattling experience. But I am not complaining because I am glad to help them. Big C and Big I are learning a lot through this process as well and the guys actually took their Granddaddy for his chemo treatment on Friday because I had to work. (My Mom does not drive on the highway. Another story, another time.) The boys will either resent me and put me in a nursing home one day, or take really good care of me. Anyway, that is where we are this week. Dad goes back to the oncologist on Thursday and will get some scan results back (pray for good results) and they will also schedule the next round of chemo which should begin around November 10 depending on his white blood cell count.

Please continue to keep up surrounded with your prayers because, "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16. We feel His supernatural peace that only He can give. It is with us all the time.

Thanks for reading, Rosie.

No comments: