Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Aprons and Sewing

I've been a busy gal this week. Along with homeschooling and regular chores, I was in the mood to sew. Before the mood left me, I jumped in with both feet. I learned to sew when I was but a young lass but I do not use patterns. I can visualize what I want, and make it as long as it is a simple design. Aprons have been my project this week. I love aprons. There is something homey and domestic about them.

I made this one Monday evening. It is a basic chef's apron. You cannot tell from this picture, but it is completely reversible and embellished with a few bamboo beads. It has a "spa" color scheme.


Here is another chef's apron with a coffee house theme. It is completely reversible also but has a different pattern on the other side. I found some really cute coffee house buttons and added them too. Cute! Cute! In the pocket I placed a pack of coffee, some creamer and swizzle sticks.


Then there is this thing! I chose a totally different material with a brown/pink funky design and while it is still a chef's apron, it could be used as a pinafore over a dress. It is also reversible with a ribbon embellishment on one side and a large pocket divided into three sections on the other side. I plan to put a small notebook, tissues, and lotion in the pockets.


These aprons will be auctioned off this weekend at my church. We have an annual auction with all money raised donated to Lottie Moon International Missions. Miss Lottie Moon was a Southern Baptist Missionary to China many years ago. Southern Baptist honor her memory by supporting international missionaries.

Please express yourself as to which apron you like best. I need some feedback here ya'll!

Thanks for reading, Rosie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for the coffee house theme. They are all so cute, and functional too. You are so talented! --Angie

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the first one. It is so cute. I would love to have it. I too, love aprons. My mom made me one years ago and I use it now that I'm married. It just makes you feel good to wear an apron while you cook. Or it does me anyway. They are all very pretty. You are really talented Rosie!! Who Knew? LOL!! Just kiddin!! You know I love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Dana: I love all of them, but if I have to choose,I would pick the red & white checked....maybe I can get one at the auction, you & Amy both have so much talent, keep up the good work....Love, Anna Ruth