Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday - Simple Skin Care

How many of you have a box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda in your fridge? Your baking supply area? Your laundry area? Your bathroom? I'll bet you could never guess where I use this product the most! As my "Works For Me Wednesday" post I am going to share my secret with you. I have really sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. I am 43 years old today (Yes, it's my Birthday) and I have not outgrown puberty! Monthly facial breakouts still plague me. Because of this, I have found I can only use a few products on my skin. Believe me when I tell you that I have bought and used every product advertised to help acne prone skin and they might work for a month or two but eventually my skin refuses to cooperate with the product and rebels. Most of the products I have found that do not cause breakouts are too expensive and honestly my frugality stops me from paying the ridiculous price. Again, let me reiterate that I am not in any way associated with the makers of these products and will not receive a dime by advertising them. They simply work for me. Anyway, to keep my facial oil at a minimum, I use Arm & Hammer Pure Baking Soda to cleanse my face daily. It is a gentle, natural exfoliate that leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth, does not dry out my skin (even oil heads need a little moisturizer) and keeps my breakouts to a minimum. I splash warm water on my face to open up my pores, mix a paste with the soda and apply it in a circular motion to all areas of my face, then rinse with warm water, followed by cool water (this closes the pores), and pat my face dry with a towel. While MDH husband would gladly scrub my back in the shower (wink, wink) with the baking soda, I find plain old, been around since creation, Ivory Soap works well for my skin type also. I love these simple products because they work well for me, are not pricey and are family member friendly. They work for everyone - babies, children, teens, adults, and pets and pesky neighbors. They also work well on every skin type, but if you have dry skin, be sure
to follow with a light moisturizer. This really works for me and I hope it works for you too.

For more great "Works For Me Wednesday" ideas, please visit:


Thanks for reading, Rosie.

5 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Ivory soap is what my grandmother used her whole life...I need to get some!
-sandy toes

Audra Krell said...

I have never thought of baking soda for my oily skin, thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rosie!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Mine was on the 21st! I turned 20. October is a very good month huh? Anyway, I hope you had a wonderful birthday, and many, many more. On the acne. I too still have acne, I thought I would have grown out of it by now, but NOOOO. I use a cream called Differen. It is amazing!! You can put it on before you go to bed, and the next morning your little intruder is gone. My dad always gets it for me off line. I don't know how much but its fairly cheap where he gets it. And it last cause I just use it to spot treat, I dont put it all over my face every day. You might want to try it. My skin is oily, I hate it. Oh Well!! TTYL!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday not so old friend!!!

Amy

Amanda said...

I am 21 and I still feel like a teenager because of my breakouts! I will definitely be giving this a try! Thanks so much!