Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Day #14 - I Almost Didn't Make This One

In what time zone does this post count?

Dad finished another week of chemo. He did great this week although he might not agree if you talked with him but as a daughter watching I think he handled it amazingly well. The shot he received on Saturday to raise his white cell count is what really knocks the wind out of him. He will sleep and rest for a few days and then feel better. I watch this 80 year old man and am so proud of him handling this tough disease with such grace. Keep lifting him up to our Heavenly Father as I know that is what gives him peace.

Do you have your Thanksgiving meal planned? I do not, but our family is so traditional that we always prepare the same dishes. If I even talk about preparing something different, mutiny happens! One of these holidays I think I will fix turkey tacos or chili and freak everybody out.

I made reservations for my family and Dad/Mom with the Barter Theatre to attend the stage production of "Miracle on 34th Street" on Friday, November 28th. That will be fun! We saw "A Christmas Carol" last year and it was just amazing.

Big I and me have a busy week of school ahead. We still have a lot to do before the Thanksgiving break. At least twelve math lessons. Also, spelling, language/creative writing and science. I should probably go to bed now.

Thanks for reading, Rosie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm catching up with you just before bed tonight...and it's refreshing. I don't need to read any of my Paul from Wangerin tonight...just having Rosie to talk to me and sing her favorite songs...and now I'm ready...bed, here I come!...merry moonray

Anonymous said...

Tell Isaac that I am suitably impressed! Keep up the good work!