Pages

Monday, November 17, 2008

#15 - Couplets and Butterflies

We studied couplets today in creative writing. Big I's assignment was a short poem. The first line was given and he was to finish the poem. Let me just say that twelve year old boys are not thrilled about writing poems. Especially poems about butterflies. Anyway, he persevered and here is the result:

Butterflies fluttering through the air
Land on dogs' noses as if on a dare,
Land gently on flowers without a care,
Folding their wings as if in prayer.

Robert Frost has nothing on this kid!

I am at the half-way mark with the "30 posts, 30 days" challenge and thanks to Big I, I had something worth posting today.

Thanks for reading, Rosie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rosie, I have LOVED reading your post everyday. I hope you keep it up after the 30 days are over. I look forward to reading it everyday. Hope all is well and your dad is doing good.

See u at the library!!!

Anonymous said...

You tell Isaac that is one that could be read in church...

I loved it!!

Your Yankee Aunt

Anonymous said...

You tell Big I that it's a sure catch for the next poetry collection we do for Harvest of Talents...it's great!!! Merry Sunshine