Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day 2: Lulu's Back in Town

A long time ago, in a post far, far away, I wrote about my good friend Dar who moved to Oklahoma. While we were on our Great American Road Trip, our family met up with Dar and Kev for breakfast in a small town near Oklahoma City. It was a short, quick visit but it was Dar's birthday and she was homesick. This girl is to be highly admired because she battled and won the breast cancer fight two years ago. I donated my long hair (13") to Locks of Love in her honor. She is one tough cookie and a dear friend. Anyway, things did not work out as planned in Oklahoma job wise and as God could only arrange, their house here had not sold. So I am happy to say, they moved back "home" where they belong. I have never seen two happier people. They are so glad to be back in our small town and we are thrilled to have them back. Welcome Home Dear Friends!

On another note, the four aprons (scroll down the page and you can see them) I sewed for our Annual Lottie Moon Auction, sold with a combined total of $205.00. I was so pleased, and cha-ching, I made a deposit into my heavenly account, where Democrats and Republicans do not corrupt or steal. I do not have to worry about it being FDIC insured and the interest rate is out of this world. So no matter how the vote goes today, I am secure.

Thanks for reading, Rosie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! That was too sweet! I'm glad you're glad I'm glad to be HOME!