Pages

Friday, November 28, 2008

Day #26 - Not Me, No Way!

Our family saw "Miracle on 34th Street" today at the Barter Theatre. My Dad and Mom originally planned to attend with us, but my Dad decided to say home. My Much Older Brother stayed with Dad while we took Mom to enjoy the afternoon. What a lovely time we had! The Barter always thrills, delights, and provides much needed laughter. If you live locally around Abingdon, Virginia, and have been to the Barter then you know from "whence I speaketh."

I did no shopping today. Zip, Zilch, Nada! I never go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Not me, no way!!! I may be ignorant, but I am not stupid. There is nothing! Nothing!! NOTHING!!! on this planet I need, for which I would get up at 4:00 a.m., stand in line in the cold, and fight the crowd to acquire. I will gladly pay $25.00 more for something to NOT have that experience. With all the media hype regarding Black Friday you would think this country has the plague and in a sense, we do.

Oakie-Doakie. On a sad note, I have to work tomorrow. Aaaarrrgggghhhh! And I think I am catching a little cold. Not good, as my Dad begins another round of chemo next week. I am drinking honey tea as I write. It may not help the sniffles, but it sure makes me feel cozy.

Only four days left on my (didn't start mine until November 2) NaBlaPoMo. You may never hear from me again. Do not become too overjoyed at that prospect!

Thanks for reading, Rosie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosie!
Oh, just four more days?!!! That sounds so final, so sad, so like you're not gonna be with us anymore on a daily basis and now that you have spoiled us with these daily posts...well, let's just say it's kind of depressing!
I was just wondering if maybe, perhaps, perchance, please, pretty please with a little chocolate on top(ah, now we're talking, huh?) that you might just continue on with the daily posts??? Now, we understand that you're VERY busy and that your dear Dad is sick and we will understand(or we will TRY) if you can't. But, just wanted you to know how much I, for one, have enjoyed the little glimpses into your life. And, also wanted you to know that I am NOT begging(that would be soooooo immature for an adult, blog-reading Rosie fan of my age! ;-)
Take care and God bless...and thanks for the mini-lesson you gave me on commenting on blogs!)
Hugs, "K"

Reading Rosie said...

Don't worry, I won't be able to keep my fingers quiet for long. The whole purpose of the 30 day blogging is to help set a habit of posting every day. When I don't "have to" post it is just much easier to think of something to say. Go figure?!

Yes, I can see that apron looking beautiful on you!