Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Day # 6 - The Love Dare

MDH and I spent the day doing some Christmas shopping. This is not a task either of us like but seems to be necessary. We would be happy to give all the money we spend at Christmas to a trusted charity, spend the day eating an easily prepared meal and visiting with family. When this idea is suggested, most people roll their eyes and laugh. It truly is a case of square pegs being mashed into round holes.

Anyway, the best part of shopping today was spending some much needed one-on-one time with MDH. Our schedules seems to keep up from doing this often enough. We had a lovely time browsing through Books-A-Million, Kohl's, Office Depot and Hobby Lobby. We had a nice lunch at Cheddar's and then took in the movie "Fireproof". If you have not seen this movie by all means go. Warning! Take plenty of tissue. This is a low budget flick and has not received a lot of press. Kirk Cameron (Growing Pains) is the lead character in this film and does an excellent job of portraying a fireman with his marriage on the brink of divorce. His father recommends he take "The Love Dare" for forty days. What happens transforms his marriage. If you are looking for a good "date night" activity, this is perfect. If you have seen it, please leave a comment and tell me what you thought about the movie. If you have not seen it, go see it and then leave me a comment and tell me what you though about the movie. If you have no plans to go see it, leave me a comment and tell me why. I just like hearing from you!

Thanks for reading, Rosie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Rosie...I've always felt it would be much more fun to just eat and play games on Christmas...and let the money for presents go to some deserving cause...I've even encouraged my family members to give in my name/honor to one of my favorite ones...sometimes it works, sometimes not, but never for ALL of Christmas! I'm still hopeful...Merry Sunshine

Paige said...

I agree about your Christmas idea! Maybe we'll all have to get together and start a revolution...and change Christmas. ; )

I *really* enjoyed Fireproof. I blogged about it...
http://mi-nutemusings.blogspot.com/2008/10/ive-been-meaning-to-update.html
My DH said he'd buy the DVD when it comes out, which, for him, there is no higher praise. : ) I'd recommend it to anyone who is, was, or ever will be married.

Anonymous said...

I would like to challenge everyone to get the Love Dare book and take the 40 day challenge. The days don't have to consequetive, just do a dare each day that you can. I am a little more than half way through the book and it has been life changing. After being married 25 years, I thought I knew all about loving my man, but this book has helped me put God back as priority number one in my life and Kevin second. Everyone else has to come after them. If you take the Dare, I promise you won't regret it.