Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

1970's Retro Bubble Print Reversible Apron - For Sale

I've been sewing! The salespeople know me on a first name basis at the local Hobby Lobby! "Here comes Rosie! Whip out the new fabic - she can't resist!" Actually, I find it overwhelming what to purchase most of the time because I love it all. ALL. OF. IT. I dream in bold geometric colors (especially after eating mushrooms) and see visions like the photos below. Also, in my dreams I have unlimited cash and can purchase one-yard of fabic from each bolt/roll. It is a wonderful dream - although fleeting. Reality is I usually only purchase two-yards at a pop and then only when it is discounted 30% - but see what I can do with two-yards!

My sweet sister-in-love works in retail and found me a mannequin torso that was no longer being used. The mannequin makes displaying and photographing my aprons much easier plus my apron model (Big C) was not liking this business and beginning to ask for commission to pay his college expenses. I can't afford him.



This 1970's retro print apron is reversible. The print side has a double pocket, meaning one large pocket with a smaller pocket on top. The solid print side has one pocket. You can't tell it by these pictures but the pockets have a frayed edge that adds to the retro look. Also, there is a smily face button on the solid side. Hippie cool! This can easily achieve the bohemian look by adding jewelry, along with a of couple layers underneath. Or not.


The necklace was a Christmas gift and is not included with the apron. This is just to show you it can be dressed up a bit for special gatherings and it looks nice. The extra long waste tie can be tied in front or back with a bow or knot. It looks good either way. I kind of liked the knot with this particular print. I could totally see myself wearing this with brown high heeled leg boots! Except that MDH wouldn't allow me to leave the house. The old fuddy-duddy!



This apron is "For Sale" and you can conveniently purchase it for $25.00 through Pay Pal. You would easily pay twice this amount at a department store and it would be Made in China.
I only made one - so you had better hurry if you want this baby!
SOLD!

Remember Valentine's Day is coming soon! This would make a great gift for a new bride, an old bride, a friend, a wife, a mother, a sister, a fourth cousin twice removed, a teacher, a preacher, a butcher, a baker, or a candlestick maker. Yourself maybe even!

Thanks for reading, Rosie.

2 comments:

Groomer Angie said...

Oh, THAT is just adorable! If I wore aprons at all I would be hitting you up for sure! I think the last time I had an apron on, I was a little girl "cooking" with my grandmother. :) You are very talented, wish I could do something like that!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I don't 'use' aprons either, but I just can't resist one that has a label that says you made it! Yes, I did buy the apron. Yes, I do own one of your original creations already with matching panties -- can't be too careful about bacon popping grease on you. Yes, my daughter does too. (Gotta admit I got a great deal in this one relatively speaking!) So, you are just dying to know who this is for. My son's wife. Hey, he is already 13; time is flying. A marriage could happen at any time, and now I'm ready!
Angie