Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday - Trays

The best thing about blogging are the people that you meet. I have met some great folks and want to thank The Colorado Lady for hosting this linkup. You'll want to visit her site for more Vintage Thingies Thursday.

There is a plethora (love that word) of avenues you can travel in the blog world, but Vintage Thingies Thursday might be my fave thus far. While I could take up space telling you about what we ate for supper, a fantastic buy I found on toilet paper, or more embarrassing stories about myself, I find it much more fun to share my vintage kitchen thingies. I don't know why I like vintage kitchen thingies but I do. Most of my things have been given to me from older relatives and I especially cherish those and will be sharing them with you in the coming weeks, months, years, etc. but today I have metal serving trays. They are colorful, quaint and useful.

Somehow I ended up with this tray when I worked at a church several years ago. This one normally sets behind my stove as a back splash.




This one came from an aunt and I honestly do not remember when I received it. I just remember it appearing one day and I have loved it ever since. It is really old. See all the dings and dents. Well loved and used.




I found this cutie at an antique store in Kentucky. Can't you just visualize a roller skating waitress serving cold sodas on this.



This is a TV tray and somehow I have three of this particular tray. I must have purchased them as a set for cheap.




This one is newer than the others by several years. I actually bought this at Disney World in the Mexico pavilion at EPCOT in 1994. Even though it would not be considered vintage nor is it metal, so as not to hurts its feelings, I included it.



Only recently have I spotted these little coasters in antique stores. They are old, metal and adorable. It is odd that I don't really go looking for them, they seem to find their way to me. Actually, I have noticed the rectangular ones in diners before with loose change.



Thanks for joining me. I can't wait to see what others post.

Rosie

Oscar's advice for today: "The best way to stay warm on cold winter days is to burrow into a fresh load of warm towels straight from the dryer."


13 comments:

Paige said...

I LOVE your Oscar pictures!

My Oscar agrees with yours...he snuggled under a load of my DH's shirts. ; )

Coloradolady said...

LOL. When my two dachshunds hear the dryer door open and shut, the come running! They too love a fresh warm bundle of towels.

I absolutely love your vintage trays. My mom had one like the first one for years. There is no telling what happened to it. Many of yours are wonderful and unique.

I love the coasters and can not recall seeing them around here. I love the flower motif.

Have a great weekend and thanks for showing us your wonderful vintage trays.

threesidesofcrazy said...

I have quite a few trays, but none as pretty as yours. I love the one from the church - looks like it should be a jigsaw puzzle.

Beca said...

Your trays are lovely! I have a only a couple. thanks for sharing.
Beca

SmilingSally said...

You have a nice assortment of trays; I remember the black ones.

I'm a dachshund lover! Our dog (who is not longer with us) used to love fresh-from-the-dryer stuff too.

Susan said...

Vintage trays are the best. Yours bring back memories.

Good for Oscar, he can be comfy and warm while he thinks about folding them.

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Oscar is a smart cookie...errr, puppy! Those trays remind me of my Grandma and Mom, in much earlier days.

Anonymous said...

I love the coaster! Oscar has inspired me - it is 8 here today and I am a pretty wimpy about it, wimpy I tell you! ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

Amy said...

Beautiful trays! you can't find ones like that here unless you pay huge money for them :-)

Anonymous said...

Very nice little collection of tin trays, Rosie! i love the look on Oscar's face...he's sooo cute :)

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

I really enjoyed seeing your collection of trays! They are lovey and your kitchen back-splash one must make your kitchen pop with all its cheerful colors!
Oscar sure is a cutie!
Enjoyed my visit!
Blessings to you!
Claudia O.

Groomer Angie said...

Those trays are beautiful! I especially like the coasters. Oscar is adorable, he knows where the heat is! I have 2 rescue Dachshunds that do the same thing, they love to get in a pile of warm clothes. Smart Cookies if you ask me!
Angie

Anonymous said...

The trays always look great in your home. I also like that you continue to use them.
Rocky and Scout agree with Oscar--of course its been -16 with wind chills of -30 so they both love the warm towel, clothes or anything else they can snuggle in.

YYA