Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Got My Spice Back

I'm Baaaaaaack! Sorry peeps for being away from my blog so long. I totally needed a break. I took a personal vacation and by that I mean --- I ran away from home alone for four days. For me personally, having an identity outside of being a wife, mother, daughter, teacher, sister, or librarian is extremely important. In the busyness of life, it is easy to lose your identity and forget who you are as an individual. In essence, I needed to find myself. I had began to notice I was never called by name....mom, hon, sis, uh, bark, Rosie.....what happened to Dana (which is my first name BTW). Dana had all but disappeared. Swallowed into the vortex of domestic bliss. Wrapped tightly in my winter cocoon. Anyway, I'm home! Refreshed, renewed, reinvigorated, recharged! You might say, "I got my spice back!" I have been distracted since my return by minor inconveniences that surfaced while I was away, but they seem to be taking care of themselves so no worries in that area. While gone, I was able to piece together a couple of cafe aprons. They are groovy and I'll be showing them just as soon as I get the finishing touches applied, so stay tuned.

Thanks for sticking with me and reading, Rosie.

3 comments:

Groomer Angie said...

Glad you're back! Everyone needs vacations like that once in a while, I think I'm overdue for one. :)

Angie

Anonymous said...

Hi DANA!!

I'm glad you got away, Dana, and I'm even more glad you are home, Dana!

I'm having fun with Alyssa, so I may not be online much the rest of the week. She's a doll and very busy!

love ya, Dana!
Dar aka The Darlin aka Mommy

Coloradolady said...

I was thinking about you this week! Sounds like you had a wonderful time....I think I need some of that action myself! Glad you had a great time...and what a bubble bath!!