Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

When Irish Eyes Are A Smilin'

I am daft. I completely forgot about it being St. Patrick's Day! No wonder people were staring at me today so bolding wearing PURPLE! I am out of the loop right now folks. Anyway, a big salute to my fellow Irishmen and my great-great grandfather Patrick Hagan who migrated from Ireland in 1944. You can read about him here. As a side note - Hagan Hall that is pictured in this old newspaper article has burned to the ground. How unfortunate we live among those who want to destroy history.

Top O' the evenin' to ya then! And Remember: "There are only three kind of men who can't understand women - young men, old men, and men of middle age."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My ancestors were Irish, too! We were the O'Dulaneys and O'Mills when we came to America, but both sides of the family dropped the "O" to be more american. My brother Mike and his wife Mona have traced our roots back to Ireland and met some cousins there. Isn't that cool?

Dar

Groomer Angie said...

Purple's good. :) Happy St. Paddy's to you as well.