Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Berat Ware

Happy Vintage Thingies Thursday! First let me give Colorado Lady a GREAT BIG THANK YOU for hosting VTT but also for this cute charm she snail-mailed me! I entered her "Name That Photo" contest and she chose my entry. I won a subscription to Family Circle magazine but she also sent me the charm and I just got to say, I Love It! I have a perfect chain for it and I have worn it every day since receiving this cutie. Suzanne, you are great. Thanks so much. Peeps, you will want to visit her site and check out what she is growing in her garden. He! He!







I went antiquing last Saturday. That is just my fancy way of saying "looking for junk." Around these parts, the saying, "One man's junk is another man's treasure," rings true. People see beauty in different things. One person may discard something old and outdated while another person may see it as something for which they have always been looking. Odd isn't it? Anyway, Saturday found me at an Antique Barn in Sevier County, Tennessee, full of what "some" might call junk. True, there was a lot of junk, but from the piles of junk, I found this treasure......a piece of Baret Ware Art Grace Design #119 Made in England.
This tin probably held tea biscuits at some point. I love the colors, art work, and the oriental flair. What I like most.... it is a "sister piece" to this tin....
I have owned this tin for years and keep buttons in it. This is Baret Ware Art Grace Design #121 Made in England. Here are my babies together and you can see how they match. Aren't they sweet?????

On a more personal note, today is my 23rd anniversary! Twenty-three years ago on a Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m., MDH and I "jumped the broomstick." It was a very quiet, private ceremony. No, I was not pregnant; just a practical girl. I still am. Wedded domesticated bliss for 23 years, hard to believe.

You cannot read the paper, but this is our Marriage License. We thought this was funny for reasons I can't seem to explain now.


Guess where we went on our honeymoon? Kiawah Island off the coast of Charleston, South Carolina. I was a Southern Belle. Here are the dress, straw hat w/silk scarf, sunglasses, seashell purse w/matching belt and high heels to prove it. Talk about vintage! Just give me jeans and a tank top now, thank you very much!

Thanks for reading, Rosie.

13 comments:

Andrea said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! (love the green dress!)
(Makes you wonder what we are wearing today that we will look back on in 20 years and say, WHAT?)
Love,
Snow

LV said...

Loved your post today. Also, congratulations on your anniversary.

LV said...

Thank you Rosie for visiting my post. I am new at this, and welcome all comments and suggestions.

Postcardy said...

I love interesting tins. I am trying not to accumulate any more because I don't have room for more "junk."

Keetha Broyles said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Mine is coming up real soon too - - - mayhaps your post will inspire one of my own - - -

Donna said...

love the color on those jars...congrats !!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

You know we love ya--

YYA

You really do look about 9 years old on your wedding day..;-)

CC said...

I love your tins..they're beautiful. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary.

Bea said...

Love your tins. Twenty three years later and you still have the same twinkle in your eye. Love your honeymoon outfit.

Miri said...

Happy Anniversary!

Love the matching tins!

Coloradolady said...

Congratulations on your anniversary...love your treasures, and I am so glad you liked the charm....it reminded me of Oscar...the little rascal...Have a good week! Thanks for participating in VTT. Sorry, my comment was late, I have been out of town.

Paige said...

I'm late to wish you a happy anniversary...but I hope it was awesomely special!

drey said...

I absolutely love your tea tins :)