Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sneaky Spring Weather

It has been a beautiful Vernal Equinox Day in Northeast Tennessee...clear blue skies and seventy degrees; a must needed respite from the winter woes.   I fear gentle spring is playing tricks on our spirits and still has a few surprises in store.   The talk of the town today has been the Farmer's Almanac prediction for the biggest snowstorm of 2010 to blanket our fair state later next week.  Apparently everyone in town heard this news too and needed to verify the information with the public library.   Where was the local weather watcher when I needed her?  I DON'T KNOW!   Anyway, if we are predicting the weather by signs, I am sure precipitation is "in the air" because I have had a blasting headache all afternoon and everyone knows if I have a headache on a sunny afternoon that the barometric pressure is about to drop.   Also, my big toe hurts.   A sure sign of freezing rain.  Plus my left elbow is squeaking (no idea what that means).  My winter coat is still hanging by the door, my wool socks and thermal underwear are within arms reach and I did the bread and milk run today.   Never trust a sunny day in March! 

"Storm signals are up at number 17. Bit of heavy weather brewing there."  (Name that movie quote.)

Join me tomorrow for Just As I Am.

Thanks for reading, Rosie.

5 comments:

Bea said...

I refuse to give ANY thought to the idea the beautiful spring weather we had today is not permanent.

Anonymous said...

I would not have guessed in a million years the origin of the movie quote...I've never seen Mary Poppins all the way through.

Sweetie Berry said...

My brother in Dallas had 3 inches of snow this very morning which usually means ours is 3 days to follow...I suspect the cold weather is returning, after all Easter is almost here and we always have to get out those awful winter coats on our new spring frocks!
hugs
Sweetie

Anonymous said...

All I can say is right now, one day later in Heartland Country (you all need to guess where), it's a nasty ugly day and we haven't had snow...but it is south of us and north of us and we are counting our blessings and trying to hold our coats together...yes, our WINTER coats! Good luck on your sunny balmy days!...merry sunshine

Anonymous said...

Your quote is from Mary Poppins...one of my favorite movies I used to share with mother and grandmother. (Not to be confused with Grandma Ray!)

Hope the snow misses you.

YYA