Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring break is over; Monday is bittersweet.

Sweet, in that routine will make a comeback in my life.  I NEED routine!  I accomplish so much more with an agenda each day.  Spring break was a hodgepodge of activities and unestablished meal times.  Scattered thoughts and actions make me lazy and apathetic about my life.  Routine allows me to focus on areas that necessitate my undivided attention (meal planning, bill paying, schooling, etc.) and also grants me time to court my creative side (reading, blogging, sewing, design, etc.) 

Bitter, in that my pigsty of a home must be cleaned, loads of laundry must be washed, dried, folded, put away, and homeschooling efforts re-established.  My lackadaisical week reveals ugly consequences.  Restored order is now my agenda!  While I love structure, I sometimes resent the path that guides me there.

Bittersweet describes my Monday....
what word describes yours?

Thanks for reading, Rosie.

3 comments:

See Mom Smile said...

Our spring break is in two more weeks. My college co-ed is home however, for a week. Plan on playing a little more than usual this week! I love Mondays. All the kids are in school and the house is quiet. She me, the dogs and the sound of the washing machine.

Anonymous said...

Dread!

Megan said...

Sick... today finds me under the weather with lots to accomplish!

Cheers my friend... I still owe you an email. :)