Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

From Boys to Men


As a mother, I am always looking for quality reading material for myself and my sons.   I look for material that will encourage me to guide my sons, as well as engaging material that will inspire my sons to become strong, capable, and responsible men.   When I ran across these books by Bob Schultz, I knew I had struck GOLD!

Created For Work: Practical Insights for Young Men - This book is chocked full of  real life stories to teach young men what it means to become hard workers.   Witty and applicable in today's culture, this book offers tools and insight into giving a honest day's work.  Recommended for ages 9-13 but applicable for any age;  I read this one aloud to my sons.  We laughed and talked our way through every chapter and learned so much about work ethics.

Boyhood and Beyond: Practical Wisdom for Becoming a Man  - The author shares personal anecdotes and practical stories dealing with different issues boys will encounter as they move into manhood.   Topics discussed include: honesty, forgiveness, being "manly," leadership, worship, and respecting girls in preparation for loving their future wife.  Boys can read the book alone and record their responses in a journal. Ideal to read and discuss each chapter with a father, grandfather, or mentor. For ages 9-13.  This book set the foundation for some great conversations in our home.

Practical Happiness:  A Young Mans Guide to a Contented Life - Again, a timely applicable book that gives advice to young men on how true happiness comes from their attitude and response to life's situations rather than seeking the materialistic.   Don't we all need that information?!

For pricing, ordering and more details regarding each book....go here.   In my opinion, you will not find better information available for young men.  If you've read these books I would enjoy hearing your opinion.   What books for young men have you read and recommend?   I would love to know.

I have been blessed with amazing sons.  It has been and continues to be a honor to watch them grow from boys to men.  Love you guys!

Thanks for reading, Rosie.

1 comment:

See Mom Smile said...

Having four boys I soooo appreciate that and will check those out. My boys read Harry Potter, the Fablehaven series, and the Sunday comics. So we'll see.

P.S.
I love the new hairdo!