Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Tulip Tree

Today, Easter Sunday, was a lovely reminder of my Faith. After Easter services and an enormous dinner with family and friends, I took my Mother to the cemetery where my Dad was buried almost seven months ago.  Mother wanted to place spring flowers on Dad's grave.   Because the winter was so bleak and wet, I had not been back to the cemetery.  Honestly, I felt no need to go.   But today was a gloriously warm, blue-sky day and it felt right in my heart to honor my earthly father.




No tears were shed today.   Why would anyone of Faith shed tears on Easter Sunday?  If I truly believe that Jesus is the Resurrection and the Life (and I do), why would I weep over my Dad's grave?  Only his shell lies in that grave; I have reason to rejoice!  "Oh death where is your victory?  Oh grave, where is your sting?"   NOT HERE!!!



Near his grave stands a magnificent tulip tree arrayed in majestic Easter frock.  I stood under the tree and gazed into its branches marveling at nature's manifold witness of spring renewal.  In the cemetery, under the tree, in a shower of soft petals, I worshipped and praised my Heavenly Father.

This is my Father's world, and to my listening ears
All nature sings and round me rings the music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world
I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas,
His hands the wonders wrought.

This is my Father's world, the birds their carols raise,
The morning light, the lily white, declare their Maker's praise.
This is my Father's world
He shines in all that's fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass;
He speaks to me everywhere.

 

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!  

And thanks for reading, Rosie.

11 comments:

Coloradolady said...

Beautiful. And What beautiful pictures of this wonderful tree. Hope your Easter was wonderful!

Coloradolady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

These are wonderful photos...the first one is just plain Beautiful! This might be my favorite of your posts I have read. Very Good!

Anonymous said...

No words are needed...just a quiet nod to the beauty of your pictures and the majesty of our God! Love you...merry sunshine

Laura L. said...

That is one magnificent tree! Wow. This is a beautiful post.
Yes,thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!

I had never heard of the Tulip tree. I'm a new fan. :)

The Redhead Riter said...

FANTASTIC pictures! So beautiful that they are making me sneeze LOL Just kidding. My car was covered with yellow pollen this morning. I had to actually clean the window so I could drive. Ick!

Love the Decor! said...

In from sits!!
That tree is beautiful!!
Losing a parent is soo hard I am sorry. Lost my dad in December
Hope your day is a s bright as those gorgeous flowers!!

Anonymous said...

Over from SITS and wow, your post is so beautiful..your photos are wonderful too! I am so glad that you know the saving grace of Jesus! It gives us great reason to rejoice! Not just on Easter, but everyday!

Mindy~

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tree. And lovely words too.
Mary

Andrea said...

What a sweet post:-)
(And....I have NEVER seen a tree like that down here in Houston! BEEYOUTEEFULLL!)

livinginbetween said...

Beautiful!!

I follow Sweet Sadie, and thought I'd come say hi. You have a lovely blog!