Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It Was Twenty Years Ago Today

I can do all things in Christ who gives me strength. 
Philippians 4:13

 

Twenty years ago today, April 21, 1990,
 I gave birth to my first baby boy.  

Carter, words can not express what
a blessing you are in my life. 
You are the light of my heart!

You have grown into a handsome
man both inside and out and
I stand in awe at the development
of your strong character
knowing that it is from God alone and
taking no credit as your mother. 

What most people believe in their head,
you believe in your heart and that
is what made the difference.

I have watched you set goals and
work tirelessly to reach them. 
I have also watched you struggle,
praying I could help, yet knowing there are some
lessons a mother can not teach her son.  

I wait breathlessly some days to see what
God is going to do in your life next
expecting that it will be amazing because
you are open to adventure.

You have been given many talents! 
My prayer is that you will use each one to make
Him famous and not yourself and I fully believe you will.

Thank you for being such a wonderful son!
Happy 20th Birthday!
I Love You!
Drive fast, take chances ;)

Love, Reading Rosie (AKA Mom)

5 comments:

Bea said...

Wonderful post, Rosie. Happy Birthday, Carter!

Megan said...

Happy, Happy birthday Carter!

See Mom Smile said...

hey I have a son with a birthday today too! Mine is turning 13. I now have 4 teenagers. Yikes. Love the tribute to your son. Maybe I should have done that today. I will wait and see what kind of teenager he is!!

The homesteadingcottage said...

Okay...can I cry now, or should I wait after I comment (: Such a lovely tribute to your son!!! 20 years, wow!! They grow up so fast. They go from 2 to 20 in the blink of an eye. Happy Birthday to your "little one." (:

Laura L. said...

Happy birthday to Carter! This is a wonderful post. Ah...a mother's love expressed is a beautiful thing!