Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

No Pain, No Gain

My six-foot, thirteen-year-old, barely able to walk through a door frame without ducking, can not fit into a dentist chair, big footed son who talks incessantly had his mouth wired this morning.  My "baby" is in some pain and probably will be for a few days.   Nothing makes my heart ache more than to see my child in pain.  I can very much empathize with him, as I too had braces when I was a teenager.  On the positive side, though, I should see a significant decrease in my grocery bill and a hear a lot less smart aleck comments for the next few days.  Oh well, no pain, no gain! 

Winking at you with a sly grin, Rosie.

3 comments:

See Mom Smile said...

I have two finished with their braces, two in progresss. Yes I too can relate. I wore them for 5 YEARS! Yea, I was popular...

Laura L. said...

Ouch. I had braces too, for a long time. I can almost still imagine the pain of new ones or having them tightened. Hated it.
We've had 3 in braces. He'll be feeling better pretty soon, and it will all be worth it. They do end up with wonderful smiles.

Aimee Larsen said...

How sad! I've been there, it does hurt but macaroni and mashed potatoes make it better. I'm so glad I stopped by. Visiting from SITS. Have a happy Tuesday and come by sometime and visit me.

Aimee
http://myhomespunthreads.blogspot.com/