Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Two Goals Set And Met

Today finds me reaching two goals I set for myself over a month ago.

My first goal was to create a button for my blog.   While this would seem like an easy task, I found the plethora of graphics overwhelming.  SO MUCH FROM WHICH TO CHOOSE!!!!!  Finally, last evening, I put together a button I can live with for a few months.   It matches my blog design and also reflects me.   Feel free to grab my button for your blog; it would make my day!
Also, I would love to hear your opinion. 
What do you think? 



My second goal was to write an article and have it published on  Blissfully Domestic: The Smart Girl's Guide To Life.  After weeks of wracking my brain for an idea and putting that idea into words, procrastinating with the submission because the article did not seem just right, and coming to terms with "they're going to laugh and trash this", I finally submitted the article for review.   Much to my delight, I received an e-mail within twenty-four hours saying my article was approved (with a few edits)  and would be published April 26.   That's today!!!!  I am a little giddy with excitment!


If you have the time, I would be honored to hear your thoughts regarding the article.

My goal for this week and next will be to sew two aprons and have a giveaway for Mother's Day.  Check back often for giveaway details!

Thanks for reading, Rosie.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go! I love your button. Just as cute as can be. I have no idea how to do something like that : ). I also love the fact that you wrote an article and it is going to get published. How great is that? : )

Just One Week said...

Congrats on meeting your goals! I do like your button - however you asked for our feedback, and maybe it is my computer, but the image is a little grainy/pixelly...

Stopping by to welcome you to SITS!

Anonymous said...

While I appreciate what you are trying to do with the "Personal Pedicure"---there ain't no way...I don't do feet, barely my own and especially not my mother's. She understands, my dad understands and anyone who has viewed her feet would understand. I'm sure that I will be able to find other ways to honor her. I do love her immensely in spite of her abnormalities. ;-)

YYA

Reading Rosie said...

Regarding my button...Yes, it is slightly grainy because I am slightly grainy and vintage :)

YYA..I completely understand regarding the feet thing!!! Hug your mother for me :) Can't wait to see you in May.

Just Lisa said...

Love the button!

Yeah... I won't be doing my mom's feet. I'll be happy to pay someone to do the job, but I just don't have it in me to do it myself!

I came by to welcome you to SITS! We're happy to have you with us!

See Mom Smile said...

Love your button!!! I still need to do that! Congrats on the article being published. I am heading over there right now.

The homesteadingcottage said...

First off, LOVE the button! Second, Congrats on the article my friend (: I read it and the only thing to say is...Well done (: I used to be anti-feet too until my Grandmother was in the hospital. I started the tradition of giving her a pedicure and continued until she left us. It made her feel like a queen (: I would do it for Mom, but she has a pedicure night out with the girls so it's covered (: