Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Jubilee Art Gallery And Cafe


Near where I live, an easy fifteen minute drive west, sets an old farm house that has been turned into Jubilee Art Gallery and Cafe.   I took the time today and met a couple of friends for lunch at this charming establishment. 



Unique to Tennessee is the Appalachian Quilt Trail.  Old barns and farm houses across the state display large hand painted wooden quilt blocks.  Jubilee Gallery happens to be one stop along the trail and displays, what else, the Jubilee Star quilt pattern. 


Colorful front porch rocking chairs invite guests to relax and linger and on weekends live bluegrass bands entertain.


The American Flag is proudly displayed.




Colorful flower boxes adorn the windows with tole painted flowers and old china plates adding a unique touch to the decor.  Also embedded into the concrete walks are colorful broken china plates.  What a unique way to recycle!




This azalea bush took my breath away. 


Smiling purple pansies.


Yummy girlie food is served in the cafe, although, there were as many men visiting today as women.

The waitress said this was a breakfast, lunch and dinner salad.  She was right.


Sweet tea served in a Mason jar....
it don't git much better an this :)


Whimsical art decorates the interior walls.




Local artist and owner, Lorraine Brewer, sells and displays her art work in one of the rooms.


Other art is available for purchase too.  I love these wind chimes made from old kitchen items and silverware. They create a lovely melodious sound.


The jewelry is also made from the handles of old silverware.  Charming!


This crocheted poncho was gorgeous and my picture in no way does it justice! It appeals to the inner gypsy in me.  Children, please take note, one of these for Mother's Day would be nice...


Pottery and antiques are for sale
along with local honey and molasses.  Note...another beautiful crocheted shawl...hint, hint.




Yes indeedy, it was a lovely day!


Thanks for reading, Rosie.

4 comments:

Crafty Girls Workshop said...

Hi Rosie,
I'm stopping by from SITS to say hi. Sounds like that place you visited was just charming! I love the quilt block painted on the house. I'll have to remember that trail if I'm ever visiting Tennessee. I hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday.

Anna

Megan said...

I love this place!

Looking forward to our chat tomorrow!

Shell said...

What a gorgeous and happy place!

Stopping by to welcome you to SITS!

See Mom Smile said...

Oh I want to go there and drink out of a Mason jar!! Soooo cool! I love it.