Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

You Can't Always Get What You Need

The church wants my time and money.
My mother wants my time and undying devotion.
My brother wants my time and help.
My husband wants my time and my body.
My children want my twenty-four hour maid services.
My dog wants me to rub his tummy all the time.
The school wants my daily schedule to match theirs.
Work wants me available any time.            
Friends want to know what time I can get together.
Acquaintances want to know if I can spare the time to type a "little" something.


I need to worship in peace.
I need my mother to give me some space.
I need my brother to understand.
I need my husband to romance me.
I need my children to take responsibility.
I need my dog to stop barking.
I need the school to get over it already.
I need my friends to be patient with me.
I need to tell acquaintances "NO."
I need to feel free.

What do you need?   I NEED to know!

No comments: