Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

All I Gained From Blissdom Was The Flu! {Hardly}



My intention was to write a recap post my first day home from Blissdom 2011. Unfortunately, on the drive home Saturday, I realized I was being attacked by the now infamous Blissdom Plague. Mr. Flu made a lovely appearance at the conference to shake everyone’s hand. He’s a gentleman that way, albeit sneaky. He knocked me off my feet, literally for the week, and I am just now able to put my thoughts together.

I wasn’t a conference newbie this year. This was a good thing because I was more oriented to the venue. Last year I traveled and stayed alone; this year, I traveled and stayed with three fabulous women bloggers. God knew I needed these ladies in my life and I am so thankful for each of them. I’m thirteen years their senior - a mother-hen figure {yeah right}! I love these ladies. Hey soul sisters…hugs and kisses from Beverly!

{I made my dress for this event and the hats belonged to Jenny's Grandmother)


The team at Blissfully Domestic coordinates an awesome conference. They are superb at their bliss and Gaylord Opryland Hotel pulled out their very best linens and silverware {that’s important in the South}. Bloggers are treated like royalty during this four day event. I cannot begin to tell you the details that went into this affair but it is safe to say it was fine-tuned in such a way, they had me believing I could wish it and it would appear. Awesomeness wrapped in awesome and topped with a layer of awesome and few awesome sprinkles. Really!

It was worth every cough, sniffle, chill and body ache and if I had to catch the flu, this was “the” place.

If you’re a blogger, put Blissdom 2012 on your bucket list!!!!!

I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn't): Telling the Truth About Perfectionism, Inadequacy, and PowerOpening keynote Brene’ Brown was truly an inspiration and touched on a subject that all could relate: SHAME. Sounds slightly depressing doesn’t it? Not in the least! Everyone, at some point “wants to hide their struggles and protect themselves from shame, judgment, criticism and blame by seeking safety in pretending and perfection.” We all do! In her book “I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn’t)”, Brene’ writes, “It’s time to reclaim the gifts of imperfection - Courage to be real, the Compassion we need to love ourselves and others, and the Connection that gives true purpose and meaning to life. These are the gifts that bring love, laughter, gratitude, empathy and joy into our lives.” I bought the book, because Lord knows I need to learn the 3Cs.

by Scott Stratten UnMarketing: Stop Marketing. Start Engaging(text only)[Hardcover]2010
 Closing keynote was the master of Twitter himself, Scott Stratten, better known as @UnMarketing. “Stop Marketing, Start Engaging,” is his mantra. Scott’s a nice guy (we’re on a first name basis). Seriously, he’s a down-to-earth, never met a stranger, super-talented man. Funny too! I bought his book just because. It’s autographed. Did I mention he is handsome, even in pink, and can bust-a-move on the dance floor? Yep, that would be him. 




Chock-full between these two fabulous folks, were Melissa Peterman, Michelle Branch, Mat Kearney, Chris Mann and Crystal Bowersox. Talented, beautiful people there to entertain a wee little blogger like moi.

And the sponsors: ConAgra Foods, Freschetta, Quaker, Jockey, Johnson&Johnson, Gain, Intel, Blue Bunny, GE, Veripur, Tide, Kellogg’s, Hallmark, Red Lobster, Bounce...on and on and on…the swag alone was worth the flu!

But what did I really learn about my blogging bliss?

"All I Really Need To Know, I Learned At Blissdom"  ~ Coming Soon!

4 comments:

The Stiletto Mom said...

so glad I got to meet you!!! looking forward to next year already! xoxo

LoveFeast Table said...

You all rocked your hats!!

Scott Stratten said...

Thank-you for all the kind words :)

It was such a great event and Brene Brown is the wind beneath my wings!

Hope you enjoy both our books!

Becky said...

I look forward to seeing you rock more hats in the future! Great to meet you and great recap!