Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Summer Synopsis AKA What I Did On Summer Vacation

So yes, it's been a while since I've written in this space.  If anyone in the blog world still lands on this small bit of Internet real estate and reads my pitiful blogging attempts, well, God bless ya!
Me, hubster, boys and dog spent a few quiet days at the beach in June.  It was Oscar's first beach trip and he loved it.   Unless you're a dog lover, you can't understand how fun it is to watch your fur-baby get as excited as your children regarding vacation.  Oscar played in the water, dug in the sand, rode a golf cart, and sniffed other doggies.  We enjoyed Oscar's beach excitement as much as the beach!  Fun!
In June, I went to Type-A Parent Conference.   This is a local blogging conference held annually in beautiful, artsy downtown Asheville, NC.   There I met up with some blogger friends and had a lovely few days with like minded folks.  Fabulous, darling!  Fabulous!  If you're a blogger, consider attending Type-A at some point.   It's a relaxed setting and you'll meet some great bloggers from all over the US/Canada.  And me!
Several weeks ago I began taking a Zumba class.  Two nights per week I shake my Zumba for a hard sweaty hour.  Considering I'm the girl who failed PE in high school (seriously) I'm doing pretty well.  Furthermore, I LOVE it and can tell a big difference how I feel physically and emotionally.   It's a great stress reliever and I'm reaping a few benefits in the waist, hip and thigh area too.  I may even start lifting a few weights to help my bat-wing biceps. 
Uterus Update - Regarding my hateful uterus...it's still HATEFUL!  I'll be seeing my GYN once again in September and may tell him to rip it out!  Nuff said on that topic.
I got glasses!  I've been using cheap reading glasses for over a year.  A kind friend suggested I have my eyes examined as it seems the #11 between my eyes was becoming more pronounced from all the squinting.  Thank goodness for honest friends who give it to me straight!
True Confessions:
  • I've not read one single book all summer!  I did listen to the "The Help" (Audio CD) and recently saw the movie (so good, go see it, take Kleenex for leaky eyes and wear Depends for a weak bladder).
  • Work keeps me busy, but honestly, it doesn't feel like work.  I've been at the Public Library for eleven years and still enjoy every minute!
  • My young men go back to school Monday.  College and High School, piano and guitar, youth group and basketball keep them VERY busy.   They are handsome, kind, talented and funny...but SLOBS!  I love them anyway.
And now, let me just say...if you are friends with me on Facebook...you already know most of this information plus more....if not, Friend me on Facebook and share the fun!
Thanks for reading, Rosie!   {Coming soon BackSac product review}

1 comment:

Sweetie Berry said...

love the new look ...very fun!