Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

News I Would Rather Not Share

This post is hard for me to write and it will be short because I am tired. My Mom called me Tuesday evening to update us on my Dad’s latest PET scan results. His cancer is back. Spots in both lungs and a small spot on his liver were visible from the PET scan. He will start chemo again on October 20th going Monday thru Friday for a thirty-minute treatment each day and then on Saturday to receive the shot to raise his white cell count. After twenty-one days, he will go back to chemo for another round. We were so hoping that he would stay in remission for a bit longer. There is no cure for small cell lung cancer so we knew the cancer would return at some point, we just hoped it would be later than sooner. At this time, we are not sure how many rounds of chemo to expect.

Needless to say, my family is sad. My dear sister-in-love reminded me recently that God uses difficult circumstances to refine us. “You cannot go around it, you cannot go over it, you cannot go under it, you have to go through it in order to receive the refining God intends for your life.” When I keep that in mind for each of my family members and especially for my Dad, it puts this situation in a more spiritual perspective. Looking at circumstances through a spiritual lens helps me focus on God’s plan. God’s plan is perfect, sometimes painful, but always for good and He promises He will be with us through it all.

My request from you, dear readers, is to pray for strength for our family and especially for my Dad. Pray for my Mom as she takes care of Dad's day to day needs. Pray that I stay healthy both physically and mentally to be of help to my parents. Pray for Big C and Big I as they deal with watching their Grand Daddy fight this disease.

I will update you as I know more.

Thank you for reading, Rosie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you are always in our thouhts and prayers.

Love ya,
Your Yankee Aunt

Reading Rosie said...

Thank you my dear Yankee Aunt. Your comment means a great deal to me.

Amy said...

Praying for your Dad, Mom and your whole family.

Amy

Reading Rosie said...

Amy, I followed your trip to China. I can't wait to hear more details. I find it so sad that China feels the need to show superficial treatment in an orphanage to United States visitors. I had read that was the case in Bejing during the Olympics regarding the homeless and poverty in the city. I admire your courage.

Anonymous said...

Dana: Great job as usual,I'll be praying for y'all.....Love, Anna Ruth