Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What to Wear? What to Wear? What to Wear?

I started blogging two years ago on a whim. What started as a road trip journal, became something I thoroughly enjoyed. To make a long story short, when my Dad became terminally ill with cancer last year, I did not have the heart or the time to invest in maintaining my blog. I simply "let it go". I did however, continue reading other blogs that I enjoyed. They inspire me, make my eyes leak, and cause spontaneous fits of laughter at 3:00 a.m. when I can not sleep. I love the blogger world!

In November 2009, I ran across an advertisement for a Blogging Conference (Blissdom '10) in Nashville, Tennessee, and immediately knew what I wanted for Christmas -- A ticket! Santa, was very kind to me, although he had no reason to be. In two weeks, I'll be on the road headed to my first blogging conference and I am giddy with excitement. My hope is to be inspired and get clear direction as to where I want to go with this social venue.

But I have a conundrum! What to wear? What to wear? What to wear? The age old question for every woman!

For the next few days I am going to post different ensembles I have chosen from my closet. I desperately need your opinion....good or bad....I am tough, I can HANDLE the truth! First, let me make it very clear I am NOT a size 8 and the mannequin in the following pictures in no way represents my body type. I have ASSETS people! So you will need to envision a bigger bust with more cleavage and more curvaceous hips. I am just being honest.

I need to take three dresses with me. I've picked out five that I like...please help me narrow it down to three or tell me to toss them all out and start over......


Dress 1: A dark chocolate little number with an A-line skirt. It is very flattering but is it dressy enough?




Dress 2: Red Hot Mama! Too much? I promise the breast pockets will NOT be empty and drooping when I put this on.




Dress 3: Cheetah! I love this dress. It fits me perfectly and the wide belt gives the illusion of a smaller waist. The wrap is brown, not olive green as the picture makes it look.




Dress 4: Classic black. I know that I can never go wrong with the classic black dress. This one is very straight with a split side (not too deep) and I have accessorized it with a silver belt and lovely wrap a friend gave me for Christmas. Yes? No?




Dress 5: Classic cut, modern print, feel good dress. Not too short, not too long. Feels very good on. Simple. Too plain?


So choose your three favorites and post it in the comments or feel free to tell me your thoughts on any of the dresses. Really, I NEED your help!


Thanks for reading, Rosie.

7 comments:

Coloradolady said...

Oh, soooooo glad to see a new post!! I have missed your post so very much...especially the ones with Oscar in them!!

I love them all, but my favorites are 1,4,5. How fun to have all of these choices....go with your gut...you will look fabulous in any you chose!! Have a great time!!

Megan said...

Rosie....

Hi! New to your blog...hanging on with hope that there will be more BlissDom tickets released. I'd love to see you there!

I, too, have wondered about clothes. 3 dresses, huh? I was only planning one for the Thursday night cocktail party.... but there's one Friday too, huh ?

Okay, my favorites are...
#3 ~ you seem to love it & you will feel CONFIDENT in this dress. (that's important..we all love to feel beautiful!)

#4 & #5 ... ( or #1)

What are you wearing during the day? I'm planning dressy casual...

Oh, can't wait to see what you pick!

Becoming a follower of your blog!

Anonymous said...

Dana, what are you worried about? I have NEVER seen you dressed in anything that looked BAD. Take them all and wear the one that matches how you FEEL on that particular day/night. :) Hope you have lots of fun! You deserve it! Love you girl!
Becky A.

Anonymous said...

Gee...I think I'm with becky a...why not take them all--they look like they'd pack well. I know which ones I like, but you southern belles have a whole different style trend going. I'd be hard pressed to find one good dress if I was going. Shows you how much maturing has ruined my styles! You'll look great in any of these...I like them all (well, except maybe for one, but I'm not telling what it is). You pick! I can hardly wait to hear all about it when you're back home again.
Merry Sunshine

Anonymous said...

I too must have different tastes--as you know I never look good in anything...I would have chosen Dress #1-3 and left 4 and 5 at home, which is totally opposite of what others are saying. You always look great--trust your instincts and I'm sure you'll be fine. (Besides--if they are for cocktail parties, no one will care after about 2 hours...HA

YYA

Nancy said...

I vote #1, 3 and 4. I've kept your blog bookmarked and am glad you are back. Have fun at the blogger event!
Nancy

Paige said...

I vote 1,4 and 5, too. ; ) I'm so glad you're blogging again! I've missed you!