Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Are You Lonely Among Friends?

Because I am a glutton for difficult tasks, I find myself registered with National Blog Posting Month  (NaBloPoMo) for March.  Since I have nothing better to do this month but sit around and eat Bon-Bons while watching the Soaps, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to stretch my creative muscle.  Exercise, after all, is good for the body.  

 "It is strange to be known so universally
and yet to be so lonely. "   Albert Einstein

I stumbled upon the above quote while looking for information.   It resonates with me.   NOT that I am known universally; rather, I often find myself alone among friends.  In other words, "I'm known in my little universe by many, yet find myself lonely. I too, find that fact strange."
 
Have you, dear readers, ever felt the strange feeling of loneliness even among friends?  Please tell me about your experience.  I need to know.
 
Thanks for reading, Rosie.

5 comments:

Melissa Sams said...

All the time! Perhaps it's because I live a good 3-7 hours from all my friends and family---and that I stay at home with 2 Preschoolers! Thank God for unlimited long distance plans and Facebook, otherwise I wouldn't be sane!

Unknown said...

Absolutely! Not long ago, I was at a fabulous party and felt very lonely. I knew everyone there and we were all having a swell time, but I couldn't shake that feeling. I realized I felt lonely because I came alone (instead of with my husband, like usual) and I wasn't feeling well (duh, stay home, sickie). Here's what's funny. I split and felt much better when I got home. And I was home alone.

Megan said...

Oh man, I have to register?

Off to work on it!

Anonymous said...

I feel that way sometimes, too. I can have all types of activities going on around me and yet I feel as though I am all by myself.

YYA

Sweetie said...

I was just thinking today how satan uses isolation to creed in his wicked darts...how so many of the blended families we work with feel isolated from church, family, others because they are "different" yet they are simply isolated, not different at all!
hugs!
Sweetie